Substitute teachers are vital to the success of our school district. In a given year, our district has over 1,000 staff absences which require a substitute teacher. In order for our educational program to continue when teachers/staff are absent, we must have talented substitute teachers willing to fill-in for them.
The district hosts an annual Substitute Teacher Academy in which all prospective substitute teachers receive important information and training to prepare them to work in our schools. All substitute teachers must complete a background check, physical examination by their family physician, drug screening, training in a variety of topics, and be approved by the Director of Schools before they may begin working in our schools.
The district is thankful for our 50+ substitute teachers that work with us each year. If you are interested in becoming a substitute teacher for Oneida Special School District, please register for the Substitute Teacher Academy and fill out an employment application to get started.
Employment Checklist for Substitutes:
- Submit an employment application & complete a background check, physical, and drug screen
- Attend the Substitute Teacher Academy
- Complete the My Benefits Channel modules
- Complete the Substitute Teacher Exam
- Once everything has been completed & submitted, you will receive an email with your Subzz information. Download the Subzz for Substitutes app and setup your profile.
Substitute Teacher Coordinator:
Mr. Zacch Brown
Mr. Zacch Brown
2020 Substitute Teacher Academy
July 22, 2020
Oneida Middle School